Epson Stylus Photo 1400
by Gerald Waite - Photo Hobbyist
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Ink Jet Printer
I bought the Epson Stylus Photo 1400 to replace my worn out Epson 1280 inkjet printer. Right now I am enjoying what I bought. For me it was worth its price and the ink cost is lesser now than when I was using the 1400.
The printer, though having a large size can be folded into a storage mode. It can save a lot of space while it is not in use.
What I love most about my Epson stylus 1400 is that the ink cartridges are separate. My previous Epson 1400 had all colors in one cartridge except the black. Well, that meant that I had to replace the whole cartridge just because one of the colors ran out. It was a lot of waste since not all colors are used up at the same time. But with the Epson stylus 1400 the colored ink are each in a separate cartridge of its own.
To make my recommendation a lot easier to read, I will make a separate list of the advantages from the disadvantages:
The Epson stylus 1400 has a lot of good features like :
1. The ink quality for this printer is very good. Photos can last for a little less than a century if kept beneath glass and in a dark place.
2. This is also a very flexible ink jet printer because you can even print on a 12x12 inch sized paper. This way you can make larger prints in the comfort of your own home.
3. Talking about printing, the Epson stylus 1400 has very good image reproduction capability. As one of the best inkjet printers around it uses the DX5 MicroPiezo print head and can spray finer dots at 1.5 picoliters. The images from this inkjet printer are really sharp and crisp.
4. Another good thing about this printer is that it has the function to print on a CD or a DVD, even the 8mm types as long as the CDs and DVDs have the special white upper part.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 Ink Jet Printer Disadvantages ?
1. My only problem with its printing capability is that the text printing which is supposed to be easier than the colored photo printing is of less desirable quality. Though it can print clear sharp lines, the color is not purely black.
2. What I do not like about it is the fact that it does not have a memory card slot. Although it tries to make up for it by having a USB port on its front so you can directly print from your camera that supports pictbridge.
So, all in all this is a very good printer. It can accommodate larger prints while at the same time giving the photos longer life and sharp crisp colors. Its black and white printing capability may have flaws, but not as obvious. For all advantages being more than the downsides, I truly recommend this printer.
Back from Epson Stylus Photo 1440 to Printer Revivews
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Epson Reviews.
Copyright allprinterreviews.com. Protected by Copyscape - do not copy.