by John - allprinterreview.com Expert Reviewer
Lexmark X2500 printer is one of the budget friendly Lexmark All in One Printers available for home office use. It comes in a white and light grey tone with a two ink tank system to support simple home office functions. Its features are standard in Lexmark all in one printers because it can scan, print, and copy. To complete its ability, the user can send fax messages through the aid of the PC but not as a stand alone built in feature.
A user can scan documents through the A4-size flatbed scanner but you have to use the Imaging Studio Software in order to scan multiple pages. Probably due to its price limitation, Lexmark skipped on the automatic document feeder for scanning. The software when installed on your PC works regularly by letting you save your scans in several options, bitmap, GIF, JPEG and TIFF to name some. If you have an Adobe Acrobat installed in your printer, it will also allow PDF saving options.
This Lexmark all in one printer provides paper support with separate input and output trays. A fold out flap will adjust to accommodate longer sheets of paper. The control panel is easy to navigate since the buttons are simple and basic.
The user can print photos from this Lexmark all in one printer through the use of the PC; it obviously lacks memory card slots for media card readers. Nevertheless, the Imaging Studio Software enables the user to print in a variety of selections like posters and slide shows all with editing abilities. You cannot count much on printing greeting cards, because of its limited features for this option. After knowing their basic features and what this Lexmark X2500 all in one printer can do, we can go into details how well they deliver:
Lexmark X2500 All in One Printer Review : Advantages
1. It is affordable and in fact cheap for the price of $60, compared to Hp and its budget F380 printer and Canon Pixma MP160.
2. For its budget price, the print outputs were delivered at favorable speed and decent print quality.
3. This Lexmark all in one printer can scan at a rate of 4.45ppm for color and for greyscale, 5.36ppm. The scores are only a little behind compared to Canon Pixma MP160.
4. Since this all in one printer houses only a two ink tank system, photo quality comes on as excellent if you're not into peering closely at the prints. The imperfect edges were really not as bad considering everything represented budget friendly ideals. Color graphics although a bit pale were suprisingly clean and smooth.
5. The greyscale scanning ability is out to impress the user with its ability to produce sharp and well defined patterns. There are some distressed areas though particularly the bar code patterns which appear blurry.
6. You can get good service and support from Lexmark with its offer of one year warranty. Online chat and phone support is available toll free, Mondays through Fridays from 8 in the morning to 11 in the evening; and from noon to six in the evening during Saturdays. You can also rely on Lexmark and its email support while the website offers help, instructions and answers to FAQs for all Lexmark all in one printers. You can also download their manuals and drivers from the site.
You cannot have a printer as affordable as this Lexmark X2500 with all those advantages and not have any disadvantage at all.
Lexmark X2500 All in One Printer Disadvantages
1. Although almost everything has to be intiated from the PC, the all in one printer machine could have at least provided an LCD for easier scanning functions.
2. Again even ink indicators had to be facilitated through the software via the PC utility. Ink levels had to rely on the PC even for task adjustments.
3. The basic scanning adjustments cannot provide the accessibility function on the printer machine itself. It could have at least provided a preview before printing instead of having to navigate everything via PC.
Lexmark X2500 All in One Printer Recommendations
Overall usability is fair enough for the price of $60, since this is one of those Lexmark all in one printers that appeal for those who need home office functions at an affordable price. You cannot find faults at something as low priced as this all in one printer since some printers can come high priced yet faulted for almost the same incapability, albeit not in one whole printing machine.
Home users will find this Lexmark X2500 all in one printer likeable enough, just to have something available on hand in case one needs any one of the usable functions right in the comfort of his home, for an affordable price of $60.Back from Lexmark X2500 to Printer Reviews